Capwey's Answers

This is a Q&A forum where people can ask questions and answer other people's questions about anything from dating, tech, politics, religon, and tv.

What do you think of politics overall?

BearWithMe

What do you think of politics overall?

Post by BearWithMe on Tue May 24, 2011 12:03 pm

I am utterly disgusted with both of the major political parties. If you look on yahoo news then you will see that politics is a huge huge joke. Atleast in the USA. It isn't about what is best for us anymore it is about which party is better. It's like a freaking game these days. Both the Cons and Libs are not doing anything really. They are fighting over worthless stuff when they should get together and make the country better but no they have to figh about everything. It is Full of ignorance, name calling and uncivil debate. What do you think?
    Striker

Re: What do you think of politics overall?

Post by Striker on Tue May 24, 2011 3:53 pm

I agree with you. I think it's become a popularity contest.

I don't even think democrats and republicans are really any different from one another. Only difference between the two is the way they convince people to vote for them.

But I agree. The political system in the US has become a major joke.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Tue May 24, 2011 4:48 pm

^This. I also agree with the both of you. None of the parties are really doing anything. It is all just one huge lie. I hope that when this forum gets bigger I just don't want this politics category to end up like yahoo answers because they fight all the time and can never be peaceful.
    Brittney

Post by Brittney on Tue May 24, 2011 4:50 pm

I really wish there weren't political parties. People tend to just side up with one particular party and just suck up their beliefs like a sponge. I don't get why people can't think for themselves. And then there are those who vote just based on party. To be honest I don't trust any politicians. To me, voting is just choosing the lesser of two lying jerks.

One side of my family is liberal, and the other is conservative, and they always tend to clash during Thanksgiving dinner (which is really more funny than anything because it's goodhearted arguing hahaha). So I do get to see two completely different perspectives when it comes to politics. Luckily my family members do their research... so they're not just spouting complete crap, they actually know what they're talking about. Which makes it really interesting. Still, my political beliefs (much like my religious beliefs) tend to be just what I've learned from experience or what feels right to me.

So yeah, I tend to stay out of politics myself because it can get annoying and frustrating, but I don't want to be uneducated about what's going on in the world so I do have to hear about it a lot. I just don't get in to political debates much because people get confused by my stance on certain things.
    Striker

Post by Striker on Tue May 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Capwey wrote:^This. I also agree with the both of you. None of the parties are really doing anything. It is all just one huge lie. I hope that when this forum gets bigger I just don't want this politics category to end up like yahoo answers because they fight all the time and can never be peaceful.

Once the forums get bigger, make sure you get some moderators and establish some rules for the site. It will make things easier so that discussions and answers don't turn into flame wars.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:20 pm